Monday, September 19, 2011

Felt Chairs!



Here are some pretty cool felt chair examples I found online.
The first appears to use a stitching strategy to create a "peacock chair"
This chair inspired me because I could see this becoming collapsible if there was some sort of drawstring mechanism to pull all the material flat. This is really thick felt though! Because felt this thick is so expensive, I actually began exploring with carpets to get similar characteristics.

I like the idea of a folded system to create a chair because you could easily undo this to create a blanket or sleeping bag as I am attempting to do in my design. Perhaps the places you have to fold become both a pattern on the blanket when unfolded as well as directions to putting the chair together.

No comments:

Post a Comment