Friday, September 9, 2011

FOLDS to create POP





For this assignment I decided to take an unconventional twist with the pop up book project. The first image I wanted to use an old map that already had a sequence of folds existing within it and see how I could then create a pop up using those folds. And so i cut within the folds and created a double pop!
Then as you can tell from the other few images I took old books that I got from the bookstore and decided to make something flat pop by doing a series of folds that then gave the book a more 3 dimensional character.

~Kelsey Vitullo

1 comment:

  1. The patterns within the sudoku book really enhance the popping of the folding pattern. When going forward, perhaps the patterning of the material, or making your own pattern on your material, is a material property you can explore! Perhaps it is part of the assembly guide...

    ReplyDelete